Missing recent files

Reaction score
I recently ran into an issue with windows 10 and had to revert to the windows 7 build. In doing so all of my recent files have disappeared. I think the files are hidden somewhere because the used space on my hard drive has remained the same. I've also tried an undelete program and even the deep scan feature couldnt find the files. Is anyone aware of any issues with accessing files created in windows 10 from an old windows 7 build?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I recently ran into an issue with windows 10 and had to revert to the windows 7 build.
I guess it might depend on how exactly you "reverted". The steps you took might be very important on how exactly you went about that and information regarding those steps might help us help you.
It might be a simple case of your user profile (name) having changed, in which case you may find your files under your Windows 10 profile folder in C:\Users\OtherUserName
OR
There might be a Windows.OLD folder on your computer that may contain your other files.

You might also want to try something like "Everything" by VoidTools and if you can remember the name of a file or two use that to search with or simply search for things by their likely file extension ( *.doc *.xls *.mp3 etc )
http://www.voidtools.com/

Reaction score
I apologize for the confusion. I was able to access win 7 through windows recovery environment. From there I don't see anything created in win 10. I also tried using everything search with no luck.

Reaction score
It looks like my only course of action is a clean install. Any other recommendations to find the missing files?

Ask a Question