Money install on windows ten

Reaction score
So I got new laptop with windows ten
I would light to install my money software 2005
Will it work with out messing up my other functions on the new laptop or do I need to load windows 7 (which I always loved better then 8 for sure )
Any and all help will be appreciated
New laptop is a hp pavillion running Windows 10

Reaction score
You mean Microsoft Money yes?
Have you tried installing it from your original media? You may need to do that in compatibility mode for Windows 7 but it is worth trying anyway.

A Google search suggests that there are alternatives which can convert and use the MS Money data.

Reaction score
You mean Microsoft Money yes?
Have you tried installing it from your original media? You may need to do that in compatibility mode for Windows 7 but it is worth trying anyway.

A Google search suggests that there are alternatives which can convert and use the MS Money data.
Yes Microsoft money
No have tried yet
Just got yesterday so still setting it up
I will try
Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently you may need to make changes to the registry to get MS Money 2005 working. Here's the fix that you need to make, but be careful when making registry changes - as getting it wrong could cause problems (perhaps make a backup or system restore point before starting):

Code:
Open Registry Editor (RegEdit).(USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Navigate to the following registry key:

(64-bit Windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

OR

(32-bit Windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

In the right pane, look for Version registry value.
Modify the value date to 9.11.10240.0.

Ask a Question