Most popular browsers

Reaction score
I had to pick up on this " With MS dropping support of Explorer, i"
Is that a quote from somewhere? For clarification, MS are dropping support for the earlier IEs. Their latest will continue to get full support.

I was led to believe that 'Edge' IS MS's latest; which would mean that 'technically', any browser/s older than it would therefore be unsupported.

Perhaps, there is confusion that arises from MS having Edge AND Internet Explorer.

All I can say is... from what I have noticed from use and comparisons based there-on, Internet Explorer has a number of issues under Windows 10, from crashes, to lock-ups and even the odd failure of the menu bar to appear (if the user has selected to show the menu bar), while Edge with it's extreme 'vanilla' appearance and total lack of menu bar and extremely simplistic controls (and a complete failure to allow right click context menus so one can open another tab from a link for instance!!) may well lead more experienced users with more than basic understanding of how they want to view/save/print any web based content to consider other options.

Reaction score
Windows 10 added Edge and still contains IE 11. MS still supports IE 11 because it was left in WIndows 10 because there are still alot of websites out the that use olded technologies like flash and java. Edge is more compatible with some ot the newer technologies such as HTML5. MS has an options from a menu in Edge to open IE if the webpage isn't displaying in Edge.

Reaction score
I was using Edge since I installed Win 10 last summer. Got tired of waiting for extension support. Recently downloaded the latest Opera browser and I have to say I am very pleased. Very fast and once I installed the extensions I wanted it works perfect for me. Just a suggestion for those of you wanting to try something else.

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this in.

In a discussion, this one was mentioned. It is rarely discussed. It protects whilst browsing. If you are neurotic about being spied on..etc,, give it a whirl. The big downside is, that, whilst protecting you, it really slows down the browsing experience, whilst checking out a site. For laughs, I discovered that a favourite forum site I use (not this one) was gathering quite a lot of personal information about me, whilst in use.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

Ask a Question