Mouse going crazy

Reaction score
my mouse stated going crazy, I bought an other one, but still no good, I cant seem to control it, I tried to fix it in settings that didn't work,when I scroll thro a page it just I cant control it the page just keeps going up and down? can someone help???

Reaction score
Hi TJBOB,

have you dropped the mouse at all?, have you tried a different USB port (assuming it is indeed a USB mouse)?. :)

Reaction score
You might try downloading Mouse and Keyboard Center from the Microsoft download center. That has an option to disable the button function of the wheel which can cause uncontrolled drifting and accelerated scrolling which should be disabled. Set normal scrolling to 3 which is rather slow.

Reaction score
no i did not drop, i tried 3 differant usb ports, still NG.
(very hard to reply to posts when you cant control mouse)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Assuming that both your mouse and your keyboard are end to end wired USB devices and neither is wireless (connecting to a USB wireless receiver).
You might want to consider that a key or keys on your keyboard (arrows and or page up / page down) are not stuck and competing with your mouse for control.
IT might also be a bad connector or wire on the USB keyboard itself. A quick way to diagnose the issue, might be to unplug the USB keyboard (temporarily) and see if your mouse behaves any differently.

Reaction score
my mouse stated going crazy, I bought an other one, but still no good, I cant seem to control it, I tried to fix it in settings that didn't work,when I scroll thro a page it just I cant control it the page just keeps going up and down? can someone help???
I just had this very problem. Items on my desktop would not left click, tabs were opening by themselves, and my mouse was basically acting like the button was stuck when it was working at all. I believe a Windows update was responsible. I downloaded a cumulative update and the problem vanished.

When Windows 7 was still relatively new, I used to have a problem where W.U. would somehow disable wifi detection. It happened a lot. Each time, I would go into System Restore and undo the last update. If that didn't help, I'd undo the next most recent, and usually that fixed it. On the next boot the same update would always install correctly, so the problem wouldn't return. WU installs were just going bad. Eventually WU fixed it, and after that the problem never surfaced again.

So if System Restore is active on your system, you might try using it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question