Mouse Not Found

Reaction score
This can happen almost anytime, but most frequently occurs after I have put the computer to sleep and then hit the space key to restart Windows 10 i.e. the mouse does not appear on the screen and no amount of movement, clicking using the mouse keys or even moving the USB end of the mouse into a different USB port makes the mouse appear. Only after completely shutting down the computer will the mouse again appear on the screen.

Attempts to remedy:
1. I have downloaded the most recent drivers but to no avail.

I have researched this problem and have not found any solution on the internet.

Appreciate any assistance the forum can provide.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
even moving the USB end of the mouse into a different USB port makes the mouse appear
Use Device Manager
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
Check each entry that has "Hub" in the name.
View its' property page Power Management tab and confirm that "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" is not checked.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I put the computer into sleep mode then restarted and the mouse was present. So, I will call this solved. If I find that it is still causing me a problem I will submit a new thread and reopen this tickert

Reaction score
well it worked one time but when I opened my computer this morning from a total shutdown the mouse did not appear. Also, while the desktop was loading the screen would flash to black then come back to the desktop. This occurred about 5-6 times then the desktop showed steady but without mouse. Obviously the fix above did not work. Any suggestions

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
while the desktop was loading the screen would flash to black then come back to the desktop. This occurred about 5-6 times then the desktop showed steady but without mouse.
Sounds like there may be something more serious going on.
Are you using the latest BIOS / Firmware update from your computer or motherboard manufacturer?
Do you have any other USB devices connected that are suffering the same issues? Perhaps a USB wired keyboard?

Some specifics as to the computer manufacturer and model number as well as the manufacturer and model name of the mouse you have attached might be helpful.

Have you tried a different wired (generic) USB mouse to see if it exhibits the same symptoms?
1. I have downloaded the most recent drivers but to no avail.
Can't remember the last time I actually installed a mouse driver, but....
I'm not a gamer and I tend to employ more low end, simple mice on my computers.

Ask a Question