No Response to Mouse

Reaction score
I have a Dell All-In-One that has stopped responding to the mouse. I was using a wireless mouse.....computer stopped responding to it. I put new batteries in and changed port for the "receiver." No luck! I purchased a new wired mouse. Plugged it in (USB). Nothing.

What to do?

Reaction score
reinstall the original Mouse drivers, then see if your mouse manufacture has new drivers... this will usually fix the mouse. if NO then use MS mouse trouble shooter...
1576009519088.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since most if not all All In One type devices have a touch interface built into the screen, I'm wondering if the device, if set to a particular mode (like tablet mode) is expecting only input from the touch interface and ignores other physical input. Perhaps a setting somewhere that might be specific to your particular manufacturer and model.

Just a guess as my experience with AIOs is pretty limited.

Reaction score
It does depend on you OEM. I found that Dell used a Wireless Driver for Touch in some, while others included the touch driver inside the Original HDD driver, as did some Acer AIOs. it was also possible to turn off touch in some while not in others.... it also could indicate your touch modem inside has stopped working... so which Dell AIO are you using...and have you made sure your wireless driver is working/installed.
No luck! I purchased a new wired mouse. Plugged it in (USB). Nothing.
that to me indicates your port is not working and any usb port should work... ( is USB or PS2) make sure if PS2 not in the Keyboard port.

Ask a Question