SOLVED Mouse Pad not working

Reaction score
Hi Legends,

When I am on my log into windows page, I am able to use the mousepad on my laptop with my finger. Once I log in, it does not work, and I have to use a mouse. Before I go through the misery of sending my laptop in for repair (its a Toshiba satellite S50-B) does anyone know if this might be a software/settings issue that I could resolve? it was working fine then the other day just stopped.

Thanks in advance.

MD

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to go to http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=EU
Plug in the specifics for you S50-B as there are a few different models and then see if they have a Windows 10 driver for your touchpad or at least a Windows 8.1 driver, which should work fine.
It's likely that whatever Windows 10 is currently using is less than optimal.
The problem might be when it comes to determining whether you have an Elan or Synaptic touchpad.
You can try googling the hardware ID and see if that provides any information or contacting Toshiba and see if they can tell you which driver you actually need for your specific computer.

Reaction score
Matt, check the top row of your keyboard, and find the symbol of a finger pointing at a mousepad. Press Fn and that button and see if it corrects your problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you have it sorted.
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question