Moving License to new computer

Reaction score
So, after several years with my laptop top, I have decided to change it. As I had a retail license, I created a USB and installed Windows in the new one. After linking it with my account and adding the key code, the windows is running well in the new computer. The question now is how to format the old laptop and remove the license there? Does anyone know? I would like to be sure that if I sell the lap top my license is not linked.
Any help is more than welcomed

Thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Since you're now using the retail license on your new computer the old laptop no longer has a valid license to run Windows, so you cannot sell it on with Windows installed. I would suggest you install a Linux distro on there, you can erase all the Windows partitions as you do that.

Reaction score
Maybe?
As I read it, the old computer may still have the original and unused OEM license? The op has purchased a retail license since?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Maybe?
As I read it, the old computer may still have the original and unused OEM license? The op has purchased a retail license since?
Well...he said that he had a retail license, I took that to mean that's what was on the old laptop?

Ask a Question