MS Edge Annoyance

Reaction score
Here recently Microsoft is advertising Edge to Bing users. I use Firefox and search with Bing. I couldn't care less about Edge. I find their Edge banners revolting.

If I was using the old Edge it would be different. I'm not! I find it a similar tactic that I grew to despise with Googles promotion of Chrome.

MS-Edge.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It's simple because you're using Bing so you get those annoying MS ads. I have FF as a backup browser but keep it's search engine at default....Google and don't see those ads.

I hate all ads in general on anything I use and try a block all of it if I can, with multiple extensions.

Reaction score
Yeah I get that. That is why I added the fact I search with Bing. But if they continue I may not be for long. The only thing keeping me with Bing at the moment is my current loyalties and dislike for Google.

Which by the way I finally did get an Android Phone to replace a Windows Phone. That was due to my absolute hatred for Apple and lack of other options.

As long as I can remain happy with Bing I will continue using Bing to stay away from Google. But this doesn't sit well with me. All because there is not an option to tell it never ask again or even close. It seems to want to force an installation by snoozing the irritation.

Reaction score
I use DuckDuckG and Tor private windows that are with Brave for anything private, but mainly Brave and Firefox, sometimes CCleaner Browser.

Ask a Question