New Edge Browser

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Been waiting. Is it going to come as an up date or are we supposed to manually up date to the New Edge ? I figured they would release it once all the bugs are fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I read conflicting information Will the old edge be removed if I down load the New Edge for Win10?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I read conflicting information Will the old edge be removed if I down load the New Edge for Win10?
Yes......I've got it and really like it.....compared to what it was. There's still some changes that I'd like to see happen but it's MS being MS. I mean; if you're going to follow Chrome.....follow Chrome all the way.

Reaction score
Reaction score
The new version of Edge has some serious settings which are nothing like the old version, people should check them out as there are several differences to the old version!. :)

Reaction score
Been waiting. Is it going to come as an up date or are we supposed to manually up date to the New Edge ? I figured they would release it once all the bugs are fixed.
I have 2 windows 10 x64b machines running with all MS updates. I was prompted to install Edge at Boot Up time. Followed the instructions; I do not remember all the instruction steps. On the 'Older' machine I got a new circular Edge Icon and without any registry or other edits I can run Edge and Chrome individually or both simultaneously. On the 'Newer' machine The Internet Explorer "e"-shaped Icon is now labled Edge when I hover over it; the Icon was not updated or replaced. Both Edge and Chrome also work individually or concurrently on this machine without any registry or other manipulations.

Reaction score
I loaded it from Microsoft when I read that it was available. I've been using Chrome so it was an easy change; Edge now has the flexibility previously offered by Chrome and is unrecognizable from its previous incarnation. A great move by MS

Reaction score
New Edge is actually called Anaheim. It is not even anywhere near the old Edge... the old Edge was not a Chrome based engine it was Microsoft based (whatever they call their engine).

My examples are IE and Old Edge are gas while Chrome and Anaheim Edge (and Firefox and others) are diesel.

Microsoft saw all the programmers going to Chrome based language and changed Edge under the hood...gas to diesel...hence it's Chromium...
The other thing you'll need to make a change with is to allow Anaheim Edge to use Extensions (like Chrome does)... to add that option go to the 3 dots on top right click Extensions and slide Allow extensions from other stores to on (right)
Sooooo old edge is old... get the new Edge and enjoy it as I do it's clean, fast and works with everything I throw at it and I'm an IT Support person.

Reaction score
I've been using the new Edge (downloaded it) and guaranteed, it's going to push the others back to the stone age. The old Edge for some weird and wonderful reason would always have the cpu running 150% whereas this one leaves the cpu alone.
I did have to add an extension to block the videos from leaping into high gear and ripping off on warp speed. The extension calmed that down and so with Edge? It's more than an edge past the others.
(Perchance anyone cannot see this post, please notify the administrator immediately if not sooner)

Reaction score
The other day I clicked into the Cortana search box and a message popped up inviting me to download the new Edge. (I was already running Edge (Beta). So I did download the new Edge, and then of course I had two versions of Edge on my PC. So I removed the Edge (Beta) shortcuts, then went to settings and uninstalled Edge (Beta). This was followed by a Microsoft message saying they were sorry I had "uninstalled Edge", please let us know why. I had no idea until today that Edge would come to me automatically as an update. Turns out I panicked for nothing because I realised I was reading the Microsoft message on the Edge browser, so I couldn't have uninstalled it! I had, as intended, uninstalled the Beta version, so all was well, but I was annoyed by Microsoft's inadequate communications.

Ask a Question