Table with no edge?

BML

Reaction score
I have created a table in Landscape to record book titles with four columns but there is no margin on the outside right side. Could anyone tell me how I may create one?
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Generally one does the margins in the page setup, depending on the program used.

BML

Reaction score
I started the document with a page in Portrait and the created a Table with four columns the outer one on the right for titles which in some cases stretched and whatever I do I'm unable to create or reinstall the right hand margin.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose it would help if you would tell us the program / application you used.
Normally when I think of "tables" I think .... Excel ??
Also can you advise that you are actually talking about "margins" (distance from edges, top / bottom / left /right)
OR
Borders (physical, visible markings) delineating the edges of the individual cells or the overall (whole) table.

It sounds like, from what you describe, that you have a document that is running all the way to the right edge physical limit, whatever that might be (standard letter 8 1/2 inch in portrait, 11 inch in landscape)

Reaction score
Still unclear what program your using, but have you tried to look at it in print mode and or layout mode. your margins should show up in either. Generally, margins are not shown in tables on the screen. You could just create a new column leave it empty if you just want to have one visually on screen. That might cause you issues printing, however.

Reaction score
I am using Microsoft Word 2010.
Then your margins are set before you insert your Table? You should be able to set your margins using the top Ruler tool, then insert your table inside the margin? You may have to turn on the Rulers Horizontal and Vertical, although your Header and Footer should cover your Horizontal boundary's That would all be Page set up before you start your worksheet/Tables, or you could find a template that has the boundaries that you require then start your tables. You might want to check Excel as I think there are templets basically that you would start with
goggle is your friend on things like these templets, MS has a good collection and everyone else has posted particular templates they have used/created.

Last edited:

Ask a Question