New Edge Chromium

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Likewise.
Been using it since it became available in Beta.
Seems fine to me, although I've never been a browser snob, heck...
I even used IE for a very long time.

Like most things in life....
IF it does the things you need it to do and your comfortable using it, the rest is likely nitpicking subjective opinion.

Reaction score
It's chrome, with microsoft branding as far as I've been able to tell. It works fine, but there's so many chrome/chromium variants already out there. No real need for another unless it has some special features that set it apart.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No real need for another unless it has some special features that set it apart.
That's exactly how I see it.
The existence of a perfectly good browser that is already integrated as part of the OS has relieved me from installing any third party offerings.
Back when I used to actively develop web sites for some churches in our area it was common that I had multiple browsers installed for testing. I developed a fondness for Firefox and used it as my default browser for years.

Hopefully Microsoft will stay on top of Edge and not let its' development languish like they did with IE.

Reaction score
I have made the new Edge my default. I was having issues with chrome and Malwarebytes plugging blocking internet access. Google dropped support for Malwarebytes, I don't have the issue with Edge. I in fact have uninstalled Chrome, I'm keeping IE for any website that won't work with Edge.
I hated Edge up until now

Reaction score
Happy to keep using Chrome. I don't see any advantage in Edge for me.
As with a lot of software, I think it is merely a question of keeping as much as possible under the same Umbrella. - Edge being preinstalled

BML

Reaction score
I find it much slower than my last browser the name of which I can't remember. Its probably only a mater of a second or so but its annoying.

Reaction score
Who is using this and do you like it. How does it compare to your favorite browser?
I have been using it since if first arrived. I like the new features that have been added, that are not in Chrome. Collections is very handy to store pages related to a topic that will only be of temporary use. I would like then to go back to the "Pin to Start" option for web pages. I also have Edge on my android phone. This allows me to continue a page on the computer that I found on the phone.

BML

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why I find mine annoyingly slower than my last browser?

Reaction score
Who is using this and do you like it. How does it compare to your favorite browser?
Been using it for a few weeks now. Had previously been a fan of Opera but it was starting to get slow and was getting unwanted ads.
Like the way it syncs bookmarks and passwords between devices. Also using Android version on phone and tablet.
It's certainly fast so will keep using it until MS mess it up.

Reaction score
Started out years ago with Netscape. Was so disappointed to see its demise. Eventually found Firefox which I liked a lot. Then went to SlimBrowser on a tip which led me to the improved SlimJet which is still an outstanding browser.

Never did much care for Internet Explorer. And when Edge first came out, I found it a disappointment and unusable. With the introduction of the chromium based new Edge, we have a very good browser which I use as often as not, alternating at times with my perennial favorite, SlimJet.

Reaction score
Well, the previous Edge was such a disappointment - abandoned it within a month.
The thing is, why move to the new 2020 Edge now after all this time? Fail to see any good reason....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have been using Edge for a few years - and this latest update is really good - can edit preferences
to your liking on any setting - Have not had any problems!!!

Reaction score

Chromium Edge is fine for me except for one issue. When using split-screen mode to view, for example, a checking account in right portion of screen and Quicken Deluxe in left portion, Quicken takes over entire screen! This problem didn't happen with previous versions of Edge and still doesn't with Internet Explorer. I've complained about the problem on this forum and to Quicken to no avail. I complained to Microsoft and was told they fixed the problem, but they haven't.

Reaction score
Way to many ads on it previous version of edge was ok but think IE worked better than the new edge.
It's is only designed to let microsoft make money from advertisers

BML

Reaction score
With so many criticisms of Edge does anyone have a suggestion as to which Browser to use or are we all controlled by Microsoft as to what we can use?

Ask a Question