SOLVED MS Edge "Save As"

Reaction score
Yesterday I downloaded passport forms (.pdf) forms with my browser Firefox.
When I opened the downloaded files, they opened by default with MS Edge, I'm OK with that. What still annoys me with Edge is that MS have still not implemented the "File Save As." I had great difficulty attempting to save the pdf files to a location of my choice. I gave up with edge, right clicked the files "Open with Firefox" and saved the files to a location of choice.

Am I missing something or is Edge still lacking (Save As) this common feature?

Reaction score
I find opening a .pdf file in Edge will give a toolbar when clicking in the document, it drops down from the top and has a floppy disk icon for both Save and Save As at the right end.
Edge1.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bighorn Thanks! I didn't try that.
I just went into Settings and looked around whilst in there. I checked out your procedure, the "Save As" works OK, the floppy icon "Save" is inoperative or blocked, no response when clicked?

Reaction score
The Save worked on mine but took a bit longer to open than the Save As. That toolbar apparently works only when having a .pdf file open, haven't tried for other file types.

Ask a Question