SOLVED MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

Reaction score
I have a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 2-1 laptop. Dell claims it was successfully tested. Maybe true. At least the laptop boots up into the desktop. However, the first problem I had was that my customized desktop configuration was totally wiped out. After the update finished the desktop reverted to the Windows 10 default themed desktop. Next problem, was all the MSN and many 3rd party apps (identified as owned by me) either won't install or open. Is there a solution to get the apps working again?

Reaction score
Hmmm? Why would that happen? The 1803 update didn't do anything to my user profile? Crap if that happened. Like I said, the problem is only effecting the MSN apps and some other apps (not all). What pain this update is. All the MSN apps (News, Sports, Money) start with version 4.28.3242 except for Weather which is version 4.28.10351. Is this the latest?

Ask a Question