Multiple WiFi issues

Reaction score
Bought a new laptop on Black Friday. MSI GE62 Apache 276. Set up the laptop and have been having connectivity issues ever since.

Every time I try to connect to a wifi network, even the home network I used to set up the PC, I get a limited network. The Internet itself is fine, works on my iPhone 6, Xbox One, 2 other laptops and a desktop.

Second, if I connect to a public wifi, the "accept the wifi terms" page never pops up. If I type an address into the webpage it just says "no internet connection"

I've tried disabling the firewall, uninstalling Norton, I've watched numerous videos and read a bunch of forums. Nothing works. Help?

Reaction score
Do you have access to a wired port on your router? assuming the laptop has ethernet, does it work wired?
if so note what ipconfig tells you.

Back to wifi.
When you say you get a 'limited network' I presume you are connecting to the router but no further? At that point can you ping external addresses?
Is the network set to private? find this in control panel network and sharing centre. If it is set to public , set to private and try it. compare the ipconfig results with the wired numbers.
If it still does not work report back.

Reaction score
went through this video and got the wifi issue fixed at my dell inspiron running windows 10. have a look.

Ask a Question