My computer don’t really respond

Reaction score
Hello
I tried to install a software for iphone earlier. Since then my pc going crazy
Once I log in, only the icons on my desktop showing up, it takes some minutes till icons on my taskbar showing up.
Internet doesn’t work at all, cant even conncet it, only flight mode function is available.
when I try to open control panel, It doesn’t load. Most of things I try to do show error that “device is not ready”. I cant access things on my pc. Just my folders. Browser working but cant connect the Internet. Weird situation. Im lost here.I tried to access the command line, but when I type and press ok, even for config , the error show up again “the device is not ready”. When trying to watch movie, it says “class not registered”. I cant really access control panel. Im lost

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
This is a long shot, given you are already having trouble opening things now, but if it works, then it'd be worth trying:
  • When you're at the Desktop, try the following:
    • Press Windows key once to give focus to your Cortana Search box
    • Type cmd then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together
    • When the User Account Control prompts you, click yes
    • You should now see the Administrator: Command Prompt console. In it, type the following:

Code:
      bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal

Press Enter key to execute this command.

Now in the console, type this command:

Code:
      shutdown /r

Press Enter key to execute this command

If this works for you, then what you have done is set the computer to boot into Safe Mode, and manually commanded it to shutdown and restart - hopefully, into Safe mode.

Note: When in Safe mode, Windows uses a default display driver that is not your normal display driver. That will make your icons seem a whole lot larger than they usually appear. Don't panic - this is perfectly normal, and after rebooting in normal mode, the display will reset to normal.

Once you are booted to the Safe Mode equivalent of your Desktop, you can then uninstall that iPhone software, by clicking Start | Settings | Apps and selecting the iPhone software to uninstall it.

Once you have it uninstalled, do the following:
  • Press your Windows key once to get focus in the Cortana Search box
  • Type System Configuration then press Enter key
  • In the window that opens select the Boot tab
  • On the Boot tab remove the check in the box next to Safe boot, then click Apply button, then click the OK button

Doing this will allow you to shutdown and restart your computer, without it rebooting into Safe mode again.

If all goes well, then you'll be able to confirm for us, whether or not the issues you have posted about are resolved. If the issue has gone, then you can assume something in the iPhone software installation went wrong, or the software itself is incompatible with your current Windows OS. If, on the other hand, your issues persist, then that would be the time to consider there is an issue going on with your Windows 10 OS that needs addressing.

Please report back on how you get on. I, or someone else in our Forum will likely have more ideas to offer up, once we can confirm whether the issue is happening because of the iPhone install, or because of something else altogether.

Also, could you let the Forum know, whether you have your personal files and data backed up already.

I ask this, as if after attempting the above your issues are not sorted, or they get worse, then I imagine the most likely option would be to do a Clean install of Windows 10, which will mean losing some applications that did not come with Windows 10 OS, if you have any third party applications installed.

Regards,

Regedit32

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
99% of the time, that type of software is very misleading and gimmicky at best. They'll let you download it but when it comes to actually doing the job then you're asked to pay for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
depends many 3d party data recovery programs are very good, the FREE are iffy but the paid programs I find very good. it does Depend on what, ad that is my reason for Image Restore. Programs, i find it best to make a image before any TESTING of
boot to program restore, Boot Media and restore back even if last week. I use 3 programs, and every 2 days image. different program so never very old....

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Snuffy.....OP is asking about recovery software for the iphone, not a PC.

Every one of those so called iphone recovery software that I've tried and I've tried quite a few. All of them well let you download it and install and connect to the device. In order for it to do what's it's advertising to do.....you are then asked to pay for it. To me that's false advertising when they say it's free. I guess that's all in the fine print.

Ask a Question