My laptop local(internal) disk drive D,E showing write protected in windows10 on saving and pasting data.

Reaction score
Question of personsl preference, I guess. I have one or two names like that, but under folders.
I have no “clients”, but help a group of elderly people I would hesitate to name anything on their computers, unless they requested it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On the computers I use I assign a Label to drives or partitions on them and same for USB External drives, usually a brand and size like WDC2TB1 which indicates a Western Digital 2TB drive and #1 if having two or more alike. The uniqueness of the Label helps sorting things out.

Reaction score
I know Folders, but the one (women) a Tax Preparer, keep many years in seperate Partitions, like I have seen 10 to 12 years of such.
I also did make her backup on a weekly basis. over 5 yrs and she never lost a record. but last time she talke to wife, she had lost a large $$$ of files, (her new IT) did things differently than me, (Sorry) but No

Ask a Question