My Laptop Will Auto Shutdown During The Sleep

Reaction score
i just bought a dell inspiron15 7000, my laptop will auto shutdown during the sleep mode, i need an advise, pls help

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it is a real shutdown not a hibernation?? Hibernation can look like as if the pc was shut down.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it is a real shutdown not a hibernation?? Hibernation can look like as if the pc was shut down.

it have been set as auto sleep mode after 15min, when i walkout from it more then one hour and above, it seen like everything has been restart

Reaction score
That sounds more like hibernation mode. does it act like that if you put it in sleep mode yourself ( usually [Fn]+[F3]) ?
If it comes up just asking for a password, then my hunch is confirmed: it is in hibernation.
You can deactivate hibernation if you want to. Open an elevated command prompt and type " powercfg.exe /-h off" then hit enter. This will disable hibernation mode and put your laptop back into sleep mode.

Ask a Question