My mouse's scroll wheel and left click, randomly change functions

Reaction score
I am using my mouse in Windows 10, left click works properly, scroll wheel is scrolling up and down. Then randomly, even in mid scroll, the mouse functions will change. It happens a few times a week. The scroll wheel will turn into a zoom wheel, and the left button functions change. In the browser(Firefox, Edge, or Chrome), clicking to open a link (normally in the same window), will suddenly open link in new tab. If I click on a folder in my tab bar, it will want to open all links in the folder in their own tab. (If there is over a set amount, it will at least ask me if I want to open that many tabs). Any click function on the website that doesn't open another link, will do nothing. The only way I could fix it was to reboot, but sometimes it would come back as soon has Windows has loaded. I have managed to adapt and work around it. Sometime it goes back to normal after 1 minute, sometimes 10 minutes.
In Libreoffice if it happens, the functions are so different than normal, the program has to be closed.
This has been happening for close to 2 years now. Windows 10 install close to 3 years old, always up to date. I have a Logitech MX Master2S mouse. I have tried it with all of the different Logitech software, and then with only the Windows driver. No difference. I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 a few days ago, all up to date, only the windows driver, and it still happens.
When I was reinstalling Windows, I needed to do some partition work to get ready, so I was using a USB version of Ubuntu, while I was in there, I used Firefox to look something up on the internet, and the mouse did the same thing in there.
What the heck is the problem. I can't find anyone else with the same problem. It sounds like it is the mouse, but if it was hardware, you would think it would be always one way or the other.

Reaction score
If it's a bluetooth mouse, i had the same problem on win10. In the end I got a wired mouse on ebay uk.
But even that does some funny things, but only on win10.

Reaction score
Just recently I had a Dell wired USB mouse and it thought 1 click = 2 clicks.
You probably should have tried to send it back for repair or replacement when the fault started.

But I agree, just get a wired one, unless you the Bluetooth one is more convenient.

Ask a Question