My windows 10 is stuck in semi high contrast mode

MFM

Reaction score
Ever since my computer got set to high contrast mode once, and got turned back again to normal. Then windows started showing black, blue and white where it shouldn't have been. and i have tried turning high contrast mode on and off, and also changing the colors of windows but it is not working. But when i keep my computer on for a long time then it switches back to normal, but when i turn the computer on and off again it comes back to this weird kind of high contrast mode. Have no clue to fix this, please help.
Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Looks like the dark mode rather than a high contrast mode. Setting - Personalization-> colors-> default App mode

Reaction score
I have just been playing with this...there is a bug in the high contrast settings. To turn it off you have to select none and then move the mouse right to the scroll bar, scroll down until you can see the cancel apply buttons and then move the mouse left to select apply. If you just move the mouse down to those buttons it will not cancel.

MFM

Reaction score
I have just been playing with this...there is a bug in the high contrast settings. To turn it off you have to select none and then move the mouse right to the scroll bar, scroll down until you can see the cancel apply buttons and then move the mouse left to select apply. If you just move the mouse down to those buttons it will not cancel.
i dont undertstand completely what you are trying to tell me but i can put on normal mode and the other modes, and i can cancel them, its just that after i apply none, then everything goes to normal except windows like file explorer and task manager basically everything except windows 10 apps

Reaction score
My pc just went into this as well...not quite the same but everything was normal except file manager.
So I went into high contrast. turned it all off...no good. Went back in and selected high contrast and applied it.
Went back a second time and selected none and applied it and I was back to normal.

MFM

Reaction score
My pc just went into this as well...not quite the same but everything was normal except file manager.
So I went into high contrast. turned it all off...no good. Went back in and selected high contrast and applied it.
Went back a second time and selected none and applied it and I was back to normal.

i tried turning high contrast on in both personalize settings and control pannel. after i waited a few seconds i returned and turned it back to normal, nothing happened except now those windows affected by high contrast is fully high contrast and not a combo of normal and high contrast. i even tried turning it on, and restarting the computer with it, but nothing changed.

Reaction score
What graphics card do you have and have you installed any drivers for it?. :) By that I don't mean relying on MS driver installer but going to the website to download a driver package!. ;)

Reaction score
My Granadson had a similar problem same graphics card. It turned out that he had to adjust the settings on his HD monitor.

MFM

Reaction score
My Granadson had a similar problem same graphics card. It turned out that he had to adjust the settings on his HD monitor.
the issue is not the monitor because i had shared setting between another computer(laptop) and it is there this started.

Reaction score
Check to see if the Nvidia tool has any updates, it often doesn't work as I have had problems with it myself!. :)

Reaction score
Ever since my computer got set to high contrast mode once, and got turned back again to normal. Then windows started showing black, blue and white where it shouldn't have been. and i have tried turning high contrast mode on and off, and also changing the colors of windows but it is not working. But when i keep my computer on for a long time then it switches back to normal, but when i turn the computer on and off again it comes back to this weird kind of high contrast mode. Have no clue to fix this, please help.View attachment 7419 View attachment 7420

Hi, have you solved this? I currently having the same experience. Everything’s turned back to normal but the file manager’s toolbar still stuck on high contrast. Is there anything I have to do?

Ask a Question