My Windows 10 PC cannot see my windows XP computers on the network

Reaction score
My Windows 10 PC cannot see my windows XP computers on the network. Nor can XP see the Win 10 PC.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Try this.... Go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
Left column click the "Turn Windows features on or off" link.
Scroll down to "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and check the box and reboot.

SMBv1.PNG

NOTE: Because SMBv1.0 was the attack vector used by recent Ransomware exploits, it has been deprecated in Windows 10 and rumor has it will not be available at all when the latest Fall Creators Update coming soon.
OF Course if you are still using XP machines on your network then you may not be concerned with these types of security issues.
What is the risk of continuing to run Windows XP after its end of support date? One risk is that attackers will have the advantage over defenders who choose to run Windows XP because attackers will likely have more information about vulnerabilities in Windows XP than defenders.
SOURCE: https://blogs.microsoft.com/microso...ing-windows-xp-after-support-ends-april-2014/

Reaction score
I did this with both of my windows 10 computers. One of them can now see the XP computer, but the other one can not. Why is that?

Ask a Question