My Yahoo Account Settings Out-of-Date

Reaction score
For long and weary I get constantly repetitive messages advising me that my Yahoo account settings are out-of-date. At first I changed my password but I still receive these messages. Its driving me f****** nuts. Way back I made I made contact with by telephone help number who offered to remove the issue at cost.
Can someone please advise me on clearing this issue. I have had these Yahoo accounts for years and they are used for a point contact. If I don't get the problem solved I will just cease the accounts.

With Regards,
Mark McL

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Which application is it that gives you this error - is it the built-in Mail app?

First of all, I would try editing your mail account settings within the mail app, which should hopefully re-validate them. When I used to use the contacts app, I had a similar message appear and editing the account details.

Alternatively, it could be related to OAuth support for Yahoo accounts - could you have a read of this article and see if it applies please?:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...ndows-10-d3b61a09-c99f-436d-88a3-35075354b174

Reaction score
Do you have two-step authentication on your Yahoo account? If so then you’ll require an app specific password which is entered instead of your account password within the mail app.

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Which application is it that gives you this error - is it the built-in Mail app?

First of all, I would try editing your mail account settings within the mail app, which should hopefully re-validate them. When I used to use the contacts app, I had a similar message appear and editing the account details.

Alternatively, it could be related to OAuth support for Yahoo accounts - could you have a read of this article and see if it applies please?:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...ndows-10-d3b61a09-c99f-436d-88a3-35075354b174
Hi My problem is the same as Mark, but I can get as far fixing the problem only for a Error Code 0x8019019a come up, Please Help

Ask a Question