Mystery recovery

Reaction score
Three 80Gb 'spinning disk' HDDs that were viable in the PC I'm writing this post from, became undetectable by it. But if connected to another PC, they were 'viable'. In this other PC, I cloned to one of them, and that one is now visible in this PC again. Can anyone make sense of this perplexing behaviour ? Both PCs run Windows 10 v2004

Reaction score
Hi Sebastion,

did you make any changes in UEFI/BIOS regarding the disk drive?. :)

Reaction score
Made NO changes to BIOS - I have heard of but never seen UEFI. One of the three HDDs so far - and I can clone the other two as well - became visible in this PC AGAIN after it was cloned to in another PC.

Reaction score
Un hook the HHDs, shutdown the somputer. wait 3 min. Restart the computer then plug the HHDs back into and then run Disk Mngt to see if the are visable. Clone to a different Computer should have nothing to do with. Since the majority of people do not own more than 1 Computer.

Reaction score
"Clone to a different Computer should have nothing to do with." The fact that it does make the difference, is the reason for my posting the querry. The HDDs are no longer connected to this PC, so any time I test them, your 'conditions' have been met, as the PC gets turnef off every night. I have since been able to access all three on this PC - after cloning to them in the other PC.

Ask a Question