Network cloud drives gone from file manager

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Netgear router which has two WD cloud drives attached to it. One via RJ45 network connection and the other via USB. Under Windows 7, both of these cloud drives appeared as their own entry under "network" in my file manager. Now, with Win 10 and its subsequent zillions of updates, the only way i can access those drives is by mounting them and even then, I can only see the public folders and that only on ONE of the drives (the one that is connected to the router via RJ45 network cable). I can figure the public thing out no problem but is there a way i can access these cloud drives without having to 'mount' them?

Thanks
Anj

Regedit32

Reaction score
I was under the impression WD Clouds, like Microsoft's One Drive add's an icon to the System Tray.

Have you clicked the ^ on systray to see whether you can directly access your cloud that way.

You typically do mount to access, and once mounted, simply do not eject. Then it ought to remain listed in File Explorer.

The one thing with your particular Netgear WD Cloud, is there are multiple ways of mapping the cloud. Perhaps choosing an alternate method to whatever you are currently doing, would get the desired result you are after.

See here: https://support-en.wd.com/

Ask a Question