New gfx card causing issues

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but i recently got a new AMD 290 graphics card, upgraded from a GTX 780, finally found the right drivers for it, uninstalled my old nvidea drivers, and now for some reason i can not use any apps from win10 or anything related to the windows explore, IE start menu or task bar, if anyone else has had this issue, can u tell me how to fix it!

Reaction score
If I were you I'd uninstall the video drivers. Get driver cleaner and clean nvidia and amd drivers. Then reinstall the latest amd ones.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In the past, I've found this tool very helpful in removing remnants of old display drivers.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Running it in safe mode seems to work the best.

Give that a whirl and as NemesisUK has suggested above, then try re-instaling the latest that AMD has for your specific card.
I will mention that this particular build of Windows 10 does seem to find a way to muck up your preferred drivers with something of its' own every time you run the Windows Update Utility.
This particular issue is suppose to be addressed in the next build which I hope is coming shortly.

Reaction score
ya im being told to do that on multiple forums... even after i keep telling people ive already done that... and still having major issues... and recently its getting worse... gfx card now crashes like every couple of hours...

Reaction score
Could be the card does not have a seat in the slot. I've found this to be problematic especially with new (and very old) hardware. Putting the card in the slot and pulling it back out a few times can help make a good seat, if bad seating is an issue.

Reaction score
ok so figured out it wasnt a GFX issue causing my crashed... had a bad memory slot in MOBO so RAM was causing the crashes... but i still cant use my win apps or start menue...

Ask a Question