New headset

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So the wife surprised me with a new headset.....Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 USB. She also recently got me a new mouse Razer DeathAdder Essentials. The mouse uses Synapse 3.0 While Razer says this headset is a legacy device and needs Synapse 2.0.

So here's my issue. The headset works perfectly with windows 10 Pro and on the internet....ie YouTube and the likes. But for what ever reason....Skype keeps kicking it as if nothing was there. It starts off with it working for about 10 seconds then I get the 2 X's at the top of skype saying I need to use a different mic and ear phone.

Of course this is with the new 2004 update.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have both versions....and both do the exact same thing. I spent over an hour with live chat support, and they come to the conclusion that's it's Skype that's the issue. I mean it works every where else on my PC and the net. IDK.....we'll see.

Now I've completely removed both Synapse's software with RevoUninstaller and rebooted. Reinstalled each one and reinstalled each driver for each device. Again my mouse works perfectly, my headset after calibrating it again works perfectly.

From what I've been reading ........seems to be a common theme of devices not working with this cloud based software on 2.0 and 3.0 Synapse. The big gripe seems to be the lack of software support and customer support from the Razer forum.

Maybe in a week or so when all my parts come in and I rebuild my Intel rig and do a clean install of May 2004 I'll test it out see how it plays with Skype.

Reaction score
Strange thing is, Skype worked well (more or less) and then MS bought the dev out and took it over. The Linux version works quite well oddly enough (on the Ubuntu/Debian based systems which I tried/use).

Anyway, not really much to add if you are stil having a problem with both version then????????……...…. :)

Good luck with your build although I would choose AMD over Intel today because of the upgrade path. ;)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Good luck with your build although I would choose AMD over Intel today because of the upgrade path.
Thanks....all my builds were AMD (3) but then I decided to go Intel......solely because, at the time Intel was dominating AMD. I'm just resurrecting the Intel build as it's way cheaper then going new. When I do go new I will be going AMD/Ryzen for sure. Hopefully with in a years time.

Reaction score
Another thought Bass, in Skype settings, don't allow Skype to regulate the microphone levels, i set mine to around 50 - 60% otherwise it can lead to distortion or feedback!. :)

Ask a Question