New laptop transfer

Reaction score
Hi everybody, a bit of info if anyone can help, I'm running W10 on an old laptop which has just about had it!!, I'll be buying a new laptop shortly and just wondered if there is a simple way to transfer my stuff over? I assume my MS Home and Student would not be legit on the new one, any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Reaction score
I just copied the files, including MS Home and Student to an external USB HD. Then copied back to the appropriate folders. I believe may require the activation code for MS Home and Student when installing your files on the new PC.

Reaction score
I just copied the files, including MS Home and Student to an external USB HD. Then copied back to the appropriate folders. I believe may require the activation code for MS Home and Student when installing your files on the new PC.
wouldn't that activation code be limited to the old laptop's motherboard?

Reaction score
Everything in MS Home and Student activated with Win 10 upgrade with the exception of Outlook.

Ask a Question