SOLVED New SSD

Reaction score
Hello Windows 10 Forums,

I'm installing a new SSD in a desktop which will have Windows 10 Home installed on.

Is there anything I need to do after installing Windows 10 Home OS to optimise the new SSD.

Does Windows 10 optimize the SSD automatically or do I need to do that manually.

Thanks.

poorguy

Reaction score
An ssd does not require it. The OS will do the neccesary “trimming”

Reaction score
Hello davehc,

That's good to know.

There's a lot of info online about SSDs however articles seem to conflict with each other so I figure I'd check here.

This is my first SSD and it is just an inexpensive SSD made by Team Group and figured it would be a good place to start.

Thanks.

poorguy

Reaction score
I am running almost exclusively SSD's in my computers (usually as system drive, my files are on a normal spinner) without any issues. Only Windows 7 always wants to defragment it which I do not allow. Beside a tremendous performance improvement I cannot find any side effects and Windows 10 really knows how to treat a SSD...

Reaction score
I've always used mechanical hard drives and have never had any complaints with any of them as they have either worked or they didn't.

SSDs are so cheap now and decided to give one a try and went the cheap route because even the expensive name brands seem to get a lot of bad reviews.

Guess I'll find out.

Thanks

poorguy

Reaction score
You are about to be surprised by the performance improvement!!

Reaction score
You are about to be surprised by the performance improvement!!

Cool!

I read that an SSD is the best bang per dollar upgrade.
I'm running old Intel core 2 duo e7500 dell optiplex 380 desktop with 4.0 GB of ram.
Yeah I know they ain't nothing great but they work and I hate tossing out working computers.

Reaction score
OK although I marked this solved still open for others views and opinions on SSDs as these are a new device experience for me.

Ask a Question