New try Windows 10

Reaction score
Hey All,

After leaving Windows 10 behind for awhile I've decided to give it another look at and see how it is again.
I still hate all of the privacy intrusive information seeking updates but those seem to be invading Windows 7 and Windows 8 so might as well use Windows 10.
This all came about by accident as I was powering up a few desktops that were on my shelf and here was Windows 10 so why not give it another try.
It appears to have a lot of updating to do as it hasn't been connected on-line for over a year.
Will see how it goes and if any problems arise then I'll have th help needed from this great forum.

The Poorguy

Bif

Reaction score
Hopefully it will be smooth-er sailing this time..
And agreed, this is a great forum!...
Misery loves company...

Reaction score
I think this time might be a better experience as it has had time to mature since it's release.
It's been updating and that appears to be going well so we will wait and see what happens after all of the updates finish.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows 10 has certainly improved since the first release :). I much prefer it over Windows 8.1.

There are tools (like this one) that can minimise the telemetry sent to MS, if that helps.

Reaction score
Windows 10 has certainly improved since the first release :). I much prefer it over Windows 8.1.

There are tools (like this one) that can minimise the telemetry sent to MS, if that helps.
Hey Ian,

Thanks for the tool I have downloaded and installed it and for now it is just set at the factory settings until I rad and learn more about setup and using it. It looks to be a good tool and for me adds a little privacy comfort.

All updates installed and all ppears to be working well so we are going to do some net surfing and see how it does.

Thanks

Reaction score
It may be a good idea to run through those options before you go any further. There are a couple there, for example, which will stop mail getting to you.

Reaction score
Hey davehc,

I went through and looked it all over and set settings according to my habits as related to the tools blocking features.
Seems to work well and haven't notice any problems from it.

Windows 10 seems to be working well I was surprised at the 3.9GBs and then some updates but then this pc hasn't been connected for over a year.

I think it is going to be a better experience this go round.

Ask a Question