New win 10 upgrade

Reaction score
I got a message on the upgrade assistant telling me that an upgrade was ready for me to download. I did this at 10-00am this morning and at 19-30pm today it is still on 99% complete. It has been like that for 3 or 4 hours and I don't know what to do.
Can anyone tell me quickly please as I will probably end up putting a hammer through my laptop.
Many thanks

Reaction score
You mean an upDATE or the Anniversary upGRADE. What version are/were you running before 10 AM this morning.

Reaction score
I just got another cumulative update, KB3188128. After the restart completed I got a message about Diskpart wanting to make changes to the system..

This is the second time in a row I have been shown that message. Anyone know what is going on? It does seem to be a fairly large update.

Reaction score
That number is just Flash. Todays cumulative update is KB3189866 which has lots of stuff.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3189866
You are right, I got three updates and looked at the wrong one. Remainder of post is accurate.

I guess the question is what to do about the upgrade being stuck at 99%.. I suppose you could try downloading the update manually to see if that would help I suppose you can't do anything until your system comes back. You might try disconnecting any devices which are not essential.

Have you ever had problems with updates/upgrades before? If your OS partition is close to being full it might be related.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue with the update. It has been updating for 2 hours and it just at 91%.

I wish I never downloaded Windows 10.

Ask a Question