SOLVED New Windows 2004 is available right now ! ! !

Reaction score
Updated yesterday and today Edge appears corrupted. It wouldn't respond to sites it had loaded and even re-starting it hasn't completely fixed it so beware

Reaction score
apparently my test system is not due for an upgrade yet although my work PC already got it without issues as far as I can tell.
will see when it will be offered though WU.
And yes, I already have made my installation media (USB stick and DVD)

Reaction score

The newest Version of Windows 10 build 2004.19041 is available as of now.

Come on and get it, it is still hot out of the oven o_O o_O ;)

Hi Grizzly,
it has been awhile since i last communicated with you. In the past you have helped me with a couple of W10 issues. And now, give it to me straight is the new W10 May 2020 or 2004 safe to download? I have been staring at this on my update window and itching to hit ENTER. What is your take on this newest update?:eek::eek:

Reaction score
So far only my computer at work has received it via Windows Update, my computer at home still dream about it. Since this version is no different than the Insider (Slow branch) , I was actually disappointed with what was suppose to have changed. On my work PC everything works as it is suppose to (except my gadget pack needed repairing as it is deemed incompatible with Windows 10 - and that for a very long time already,yet it works), however new features I still have to find (apparently I do not use those at work). My two laptops at home still run 1909 and meanwhile it runs stable as far as I can tell.
Upgrading may not be every ones thing to do but that is not up to me to decide. I only recommend to create an Image either with Acronis or Macrium reflect to restore the PC to the previous state if something goes wrong.

This is just my $0.02

Reaction score
Thanks, I see some users have had issues, more to do with Hardware and i am not sure precisely the nature of those issues. Both of my home system are less than i year old and i have running the v1909 w/o any issues. Just to be safe i'll wait a couple of weeks. Thanks again

Reaction score
Well, my work PC is only 6 years old, but my Laptop where I run the Insiders on, is already 12 years old and even the 20H2 is running without issues.
Waiting for a while may be a good idea. That way, with one of the next Cumulative Updates, some of the bugs will be eliminated (wishful thinking, I KNOW)..

Reaction score
One thing for sure, if you have nvidia graphics that are running legacy drivers, do not upgrade yet.

Reaction score
Adding to my earlier post I would not recommend anyone upgrading yet. Previously I've never had a Win 10 upgrade problem but this time I have. Edge is certainly suspect and it appears to be involving Outlook. If I leave my PC on for an hour or so without using it and not in Standby, Edge will sometimes refuse to update sites and Outlook sometimes hangs and won't do a re-start without crashing out via Task Manager. My NVidia card is working fine and start-up is normal. BTW this is on Dell XPS Studio 8900.

Reaction score
Thanks DaiB for your response. I have Intel UHD 630 graphics installed. I agree that up until recent i have never experienced a 'bad' W10 version update or feature update. There has been so much written on this site as well as other web sites concerning this particular W10 2004 update, that i have decided just to hold off installing until a later time-i am just not sure when that time is:(:( thanks.

Reaction score
If you‘re running Malwarebytes there’s some incompatibility between it & 2004, the ransomeware protection is greatly slowing down PCs & to correct it users have to download the latest MB Beta.

Reaction score
Thanks, i am not running MWB just W Defender but i have used MWB in the past and i am considering applying it again. thanks again

Reaction score
If you‘re running Malwarebytes there’s some incompatibility between it & 2004, the ransomeware protection is greatly slowing down PCs & to correct it users have to download the latest MB Beta.
I have downloaded the latest Beta version of Malwarebytes so we will see whether the Win 2004 problem goes awaye. Updating MWB was not easy. First you need to enable beta versions by scrolling down the 'General' tab. Then after many confusing and wrong MWB messages which went nowhere it finally decided to install version 4.1.1.71 - not very impressive which MWB need to fix.

Reaction score
I had MB & had to install the Beta, turn off all protection then Update to 2004 & turn on protection which seems to have worked.

Reaction score
I have also now updated my MLB to the beta version and it appears to have worked so for me now I can find no other problem with the 2004 update. Anyone know what the red dot is on the Edge Tab?

Reaction score
Great news. I had to update to the Beta & I also disabled MB before upgrading to 2004 then turned MB back on. All was fine.

Reaction score
I am having a problem with Windows Solitare. It keeps getting slower and hangs up. It I restart it, it is good for a couple of minutes and then does the same thing over again.

Reaction score
Are you running Windows 2004?
If not then you should start your own thread. :)

Ask a Question