SOLVED No family but still a child?

Reaction score
Somehow I have ended up in a situation like this: In the account settings, there is no family to belong to but I am listed as child nevertheless.
I have tried many things but nothing seems to change the situation. Can you help?

Windows Problem.PNG

Reaction score
I get the same message although I cannot add a family member as I use a LOCAL account and not a MS account. Does anything happen if you click on [ALLOW] ?

Reaction score
I get the same message although I cannot add a family member as I use a LOCAL account and not a MS account. Does anything happen if you click on [ALLOW] ?

This is what happens when I hit Allow button. This child can now sign in. But this person, me actually and over 21 years of age, is still a child or should I say, an orphan. Changing the age in the profile part does not help. Nothing seems to help.
Microsoft programmers have created a real mess with this. And this is not the only problem there is with accounts etc.
Good luck everyone!

InkedWindows Problem 2.jpg

InkedWindows Problem 3.jpg

Reaction score
Alos, what version of Win10 do you have?. :)

Reaction score
When I click this link: https://account.microsoft.com/family/ I get a very generic Family screen as I do not have a family because I am an ORPHAN.

My Windows 10 should be up to date as there are no updates available.

Attachments

• Windows Problem 4.PNG
    Windows Problem 4.PNG
    84.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Windows Problem 5.PNG
    Windows Problem 5.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 171

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you confirm that you do not have another device, perhaps an Xbox that you may have configured with the same account information?

Reaction score
That is a good point. I have a few devices where I may use the same account.
Thanks
-Tim

Reaction score
Hi Tim,

do you have more than one account on the same PC?. If yes, are you logging in with the main admin account?. ;)

Reaction score
Yes I had more than one account on the same PC. Removing superfluous ( backup :eek: users ) I was able to get rid of peculiarities of my PC.

Thanks to everyone!

Ask a Question