No News Or Xbox

Reaction score
Hello all- I'm new to windows 10 so don't know how to fix it myself. I very recently bought a used pc with windows 10 on it. but some parts of windows 10 seem to be broken or missing or disconnected. I know there is supposed to be a news feed of world events but though I can get the weather ( although very slow) I can't get the news feed. Also there are signs that xbox was included but it doesn't show in control add and delete.

I really would like to get the world news feed if anyone can help with this please. Thank you in advance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I very recently bought a used pc with windows 10 on it. but some parts of windows 10 seem to be broken or missing or disconnected.
You should probably start by determining which version and build of Windows 10 you have installed.
Right click the start button and choose "Run" and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK
You should see something like this

Capture.JPG

If you are not running Version 1511 Build 10586.71 that would suggest that you probably still have some Windows Updates to perform.
Likewise you may need to update the Store Apps, so open the Store by clicking the icon in your taskbar or the tile in the start menu or from the all apps menu.
Near the top right next to the search box there should be a small icon representing your user account.
Click that and you should see a menu including "Downloads and updates" click that and then the "Check for updates" button.

Are you using a local account to log on or have you created a Microsoft Account to use on the computer to signin?

Ask a Question