No permission to save a Document

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1 TB SSD HDD with only my OS, Programs and Games on it, with another 1 TB (Mechanical) HDD installed for my Data (Documents, Pics, etc.). I did the upgrade option (not a clean install) and for some reason now, I can't save any documents to my DOCUMENTS folder without getting an error message:

You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?

If I choose YES OR NO, nothing happens. I can only save it to my desktop.

I normally do a Clean install, but wanted to get my Serial by doing the upgrade first, so when I install it, I have my Activation Code that is legit. I also noticed, Windows 10 turned of my Ethernet Devices on it's own...but that's for another post!

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 738

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This seems to be a very common complaint, which seems to impact Windows 10 Home version more so than perhaps the Pro version.
It has to do with the upgrade's impact on security permissions on the various User Folders in your user profile.
There is an article here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-to-read/35831558-fb01-47f8-8bf7-7435c9c47db9
Where a member of that community seems to have gotten a handle on the problem (page 2, ChristopherMillay).
You might want to read through it and see if your circumstance is similar.

Reaction score
This seems to be a very common complaint, which seems to impact Windows 10 Home version more so than perhaps the Pro version.
It has to do with the upgrade's impact on security permissions on the various User Folders in your user profile.
There is an article here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-to-read/35831558-fb01-47f8-8bf7-7435c9c47db9
Where a member of that community seems to have gotten a handle on the problem (page 2, ChristopherMillay).

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm looking into that now...

Reaction score

I followed the link you posted and for the most part, I was able to do most of what he had there. Some stuff I couldn't do for some reason, but I have done a few restarts and I can now save my documents to my documents folder! Thanks again for posting that!

Ask a Question