No sound when using media player or Internet explorer

Reaction score
I'm using build 9926 on it own SSD in a dual-boot set-up with Windows 7. All was working well with Win 10 until an update was executed. Part of the update was a new nvidia driver for my GT 630 graphics card. After the update, I no longer have any sound when playing videos or MP3 files. I still can hear all of the Windows-related "dings". The speakers are my default playback device & test as working. My monitor is plugged in via DVI & speakers by 3.5mm jack. Oddly enough, if I connect to my TV via HDMI, everything works perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have a GT 640 video card and yesterday Windows update installed an updated High Definition Audio driver from NVIDIA. Everything is still working and I have sound from all sources. No idea what the driver update could have wonkered up in your setup since it didn't do anything in mine. My only thought would be to start from square one and check all of your sound settings to be sure the volume hasn't been turned down or muted or a sound source hasn't been changed somehow.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have the same issue as reported in your link for my Asus M4N78 Pro mobo using the VIA HD audio driver. For me I fixed mine by finding an old VIA audio driver and manually pointing windows to download/install/save location....then when windows updates my audio driver, again, I just use the rollback feature and it uses the driver that I manually installed and everything works as it should.

Ask a Question