Non Page Error did system restore

Reaction score
Had non page error in Windows 10. Did a system restore to see if it could fix it. Been running now for 3 hours in system restore. Does this help the error problem and is it normal to take this long?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've had System Restores complete in minutes (10 or 20 or 30) and I've had a couple that took hours. In one case over eight (8) hours.
The best thing you can do is watch your hard disk activity light and make sure that it is actively flashing, indicating that the system is still doing something.
As to whether or not it will
help the error problem
That would depend on the actual error message (yours seems be truncated) likely something more like "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" or something similar
AND
What might have caused the error in the first place.
That type of error can be anything from a driver issue to a problem with the hard disk to a problem with a memory module or slot

Reaction score
Yes, the Restore was suppose to be a way to get rid of the error according to Microsoft. It didn't work, restore completed but still have the blue screen with the non page error thing.

Reaction score
This issue is typical of upgrade installs to Windows 10 (i.e. upgrading from Windows 7 to 10). So you'll want to do a fresh install of the OS. You don't indicate if you can boot into Windows so I'll assume you can't. If you can (or if you can boot into Safe Mode) you might want to back up the data you can.

Using Windows System Restore makes sense on paper, only issue is that the service doesn't affect all files, and in most cases it is rendered void. There's alternatives to Windows System Restore which might be worth looking into replacing Sys Restore with. AX64 Time Machine, Comodo Time Machine, or Rollback Rx are good choices.

Ask a Question