Not able to join the old Work group

Reaction score
Hello;

I have an issue with my system after upgrading to Windows 10. I have work group at home with several PCs some with XP and other with 8, tables, and Windows 7. After the update, I checked the Group name and sure it was there, but when I tried to add a printer from one of the systems on the group, yes it is set to be share, I can not see it and looking under Network and groups a Home group was created using my system name. I cannot remove it and it doesn't seem to have joined the current work group.

I have tried changing the name, changing the share options under Network, and nothing. I just can't get the system to join the group as previous to the Win10 upgrade. I am actually considering doing an re-image of the system to get back wind7. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
We need to clarify exactly what you are having the problem with since Workgroups and a Homegroup are not the same entities. You can Leave a Homegroup so you might want to do that since XP can't do those.

You have already set your system to the same Workgroup so they should be visible to the other systems. I don't have a lot of experience with you situation but you may go through some of you sharing settings to see if those systems will show up.

Others may ask for a more specific situation between just the Windows 10 system and one other. The type of situation you experience when to try to complete some process will be helpful.

Ask a Question