Not BSOD but computer crash randomly

Reaction score
OK.... I wouldn't worry too much about it then right now.
IF the problem (BSOD) was actually being caused by the
iaStorA.sys
I would expect it to have been called out in the original stack which it was not.
Something like this

Which AGAIN it was not. I only mentioned it because it was briefly mentioned in a stack unwind I did searching for more detail about your BSOD.
AND
It is a storage "controller" driver / software package and not a driver specific to any particular hard disk / SSD.

As for the DCOM event viewer messages....
One of our staff members wrote extensively about it here
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/

IF you want to pursue it you can follow his instructions.
I actually went through all the steps and it successfully resolved the issue, but.....
Subsequently a Windows 10 upgrade (which happens about every 6 months or so now) brought those same errors back again.
Now..... I just ignore them.

I'm thinking about ignoring the DCOM errors, but the Perflib and AppReadiness and Kernel-EventTracing are something which I'm unfamiliar with.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
With that kind of stuff you'll likely need to use Google and see if you can sort it out
As an example
https://appuals.com/fix-session-cir...ogger-stopped-due-following-error-0xc0000188/
That would seem to match your Kernel Event Tracing error
The AppReadiness stuff looks like it's linked to MiraCastView
You might check the registry here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deleted\EndOfLife
See if it's left over and the system is still trying to delete it.

Reaction score
With that kind of stuff you'll likely need to use Google and see if you can sort it out
As an example
https://appuals.com/fix-session-cir...ogger-stopped-due-following-error-0xc0000188/
That would seem to match your Kernel Event Tracing error
The AppReadiness stuff looks like it's linked to MiraCastView
You might check the registry here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deleted\EndOfLife
See if it's left over and the system is still trying to delete it.

Circular Kernel Context Logger
The link to fix the Circular Kernel is incorrect in its content.:

"Microsoft and others tell us to increase the file size of the log in question under the Performance Monitor. However, some types of logs are not done to file but to RAM (called buffers), and hence the solution does not apply. Instead, if a log is set to using buffers, as defined by the Stream Mode under Trace Session tab under the Property window for a Performance Manager log, then its the Buffer Size that needs increasing, not the Maximum Size under the Stop Conditions tab. The buffer size is found under the Trace Buffers tab."
source

I'll try it, but I'm not sure it will work.
Additionally - I do not use ReadyBoot. It's disabled under 'Startup Event Trace Sessions'.

NiraCastView
Never heard of it before, but checking the registry as you suggested display something. I'm not sure what to do with it and how to completely remove it (see screenshot):
2018-06-08 00_06_42-Registry Editor.png

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Admin, apologies if this is not the right forum. Please move it if it doesn't belong here.

I'm getting random computer freeze which forces me to do a hard reset.

There's nothing special going on that stress the PC.
I'm just opening apps / browsing.

This is what happens:
1. The mouse pointer is stuck and keyboard is not responding anymore
2. 30 seconds later the 3 screens I have gone blank.
3. I then press lightly on the power button and the PC immediately reboots.

I had exactly the same problem, noticed when browsing on Chrome. I suspect it was caused by a Windows 10 update (they cause problems on my computer almost every time). Now since their last update (at the beginning of this week) the problem has not appeared again. I must say I updated all of my browsers as requested by PayPal so maybe that resolved the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If the grapgics card is faulty screen on monotor won't show it will just be blank if ram is faulty computer won't start or run if HHD is faulty your screen will somtimes just hang there and do nothing and may restart on its own a normal computer freeze from malfunctioning software or drivers will be a blue screen usually or error code. what i am curious about is when your moniter stops and you get an error report is the error report after it starts running again if so I would look Hdd or ssd I still use harddrives. I don't know much about memory drives. If you had a bad sector and your driver was in that sector I guess it could cause issues.

Reaction score
Hi Lonewolf. Thanks for the detailed reply!

I did go to Asus website and I already use their drivers, however, Asus (like many) use 3rd party components such as the Asmedia controllers for some of their SATA and USB3.0 h/w.
In these cases, they do not update their drivers at all or as frequent.
For the file asstahci64.sys this is the Asmedia file which I think I have the latest, which is old.

As for BIOS, mine is the lates version (2104) which was released in 2013.
I even went as far as flashing new IMEI version for the motherboard to make it compatible for Win8 when it came out.

Other than this, I don't know when my PC got BSOD due to iaStorA.sys. I do think that the recent PC hang I got was from my GPU drivers. They are up to date, and my GPU's are water cooled and the freeze happened during idling, browsing internet, not gaming.

So now I'm down to fixing event viewer issues and hoping to never get that PC freez again.

My suggestion as has been outlined above are as follows, never use 3rd party updating software or registry cleaning software, only use the latest updated drivers that work with your system because 'if it aint broke don't fix it' the simpler your system is the better it will perform and/or function. I'm using an 8 year old Acer laptop with a 6 year old bios and I have upgraded it to a 2nd gen i7 cpu, 8Gb ram and Samsung ssd and I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit and have never ever had problems like you have had, its also running on Intel HD 3000 graphics. Keep it simple and as standard as possible, especially if you are running games and intricate software. I've been building systems since the 80's and I've learned all this through experience.

Reaction score
I'm more interested with understanding the the Circular event log issue is a windows bug, since many report on it and also the issue with Miracast as suggested by @Trouble - if to remove it, how to remove it, etc. I never tried to remove it myself before.

Ask a Question