SOLVED Not printing

Reaction score
Although my printer will print a test page which says that it is working correctly since installing windows 10 I am unable to print anything else because when I try to print the page ie pictures or anything from my computer it is copied to my document only. I have reinstalled the printer and also re installed win 10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What printer do you have installed?
Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number?
How is it attached to your computer (USB, parallel port, wireless, ethernet cable, etc.,)?
Sounds to me like the printer is using "Print to file" as a printer port.
Open devices and printers, select then right click and from the approximate middle of the context menu choose printer properties.
Select the port tab and see which one is checked, you should be able to select the appropriate port from that location (something like USB 001)

Reaction score
What printer do you have installed?
Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number?
How is it attached to your computer (USB, parallel port, wireless, ethernet cable, etc.,)?
Sounds to me like the printer is using "Print to file" as a printer port.
Open devices and printers, select then right click and from the approximate middle of the context menu choose printer properties.
Select the port tab and see which one is checked, you should be able to select the appropriate port from that location (something like USB 001)

Hi
Thanks for your reply, My printer is a hp3050a all in one j611 series (wireless)I have checked that it is not printing to file and the port used is named WSD.6.I have since installed the trial copy of MS office 2016 and also Adobe acrobat reader DC and any files created in Ms excel or word or those automatically converted to pdf can be printed but I am still unable to print any pictures, emails, ebay docs or any other doc not created by any other system. If you can help it would be appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
any other doc not created by any other system
By "any other system" do you mean another system / computer on your network or do you mean system as another program on your computer?

Right click a picture (filename.jpg) on your computer and choose open with and select "Paint"
From the file menu select "Print -> Print"
Select your printer and click the print button.
What happens?
Nothing? Error? Sticks in Print queue? Never enters the print queue?

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for your reply and yes when I said system I should have said program, I have done as you suggested and have been able to print pictures I can also print emails and other documents. It seems that I may have to buy a copy of MS office although I did a have a copy on my computer when I was working with windows 7..Many thanks for your help and will mark this as solved.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It seems that I may have to buy a copy of MS office although I did a have a copy on my computer when I was working with windows 7
An upgrade should not have removed your previous version of MS Office. It should still be there.
Check Control Panel - Programs and Features.
If it is there select it and then select the change link or right click it and select change and then use the "Repair" option and see if that fixes things.

Ask a Question