SOLVED Notepad saved file.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

did you give the files a name?, if you did, open Notepad and press Ctrl + o and search for it, other than that, you can search File Manager or use the search feature in the taskbar. That's all the help I can give you. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks for your reply. Only my last Notepad save is causing the trouble and unable in remembering as to the procedure was. As always Notepad was given a name and saved under "save as".

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

Notepad files have the following format when using "Save as": *,txt so try searching for that file name. :)

1620035002428.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Thanks for your interest as always appreciated.
I actually I am still using in trying to solve an old chestnut composing a ".bat" file to control LED lighting on the front of my HP OMEN computer, to make it more frustrating for a couple of weeks it did achieve what I wanted but as again it no longer does. What is causing the non functioning of the .bat file again remains a mystery?
Copy of .bat file. Composing is not by any means my strong point.

@ echo off
Start "C:\Users\Program Files\HPPhoenixCtrl Start.exe"
Taskkill: /im /f /t
Shutdown: -s -f -t 1
CLS:
Flename: HPPhoenixCtrl Start.exe
echo closing
Off

Reaction score
By default most programs Save in a folder in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE. Using Save As allows choosing a different folder from the default. The Desktop or any other folder would have to be specified but that location has to be remembered, easier if done often or routinely. Notepad uses .txt for text documents but also gives a choice of whatever the document creator wants. Using the wrong extension can cause the document not able to open is some other program.

Reaction score
It is true persevere and sooner or later you will succeed, mind you after several years searching the Net with no body actually knowing the answer, I found it with no help what so ever. It is finally there for it has worked for several days.

Reaction score
Since you didn't bother to explain/describe what worked for you, I'm guessing others with the same issue will not benefit from the whole purpose of support forums where volunteers try to help others with solutions that worked.

Reaction score
That is not the issue, no one did say they had the issue I was experiencing, what was the purpose of me writing it it out. How many members do have an HP Omen computer with LED front lighting, this could be as to why not responding to my post. I certainly agree with you that we are all need help at some time and Forums are a God send when we experience trouble and recognise that these good people are volunteers and I personally thank you all.

Ask a Question