Downloading to Notepad

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have noticed that when i download Aircraft Paint for P3DV4 from UKFLY the download automatically goes to Notepad and i cannot download from there can someone help me to reset the download to zip or anything other that Notepad.
Regards
Terry

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

assuming you are downloading the file to your downloads folder, once downloaded, right click the file and then "open with" and choose an app from available options. You can also click on "More apps". :)

1599724527980.png

Reaction score
Hello Wolfie,
Thank you for your response, unfortunately that does not work even if i choose WinRar it still pops up as notepad with all the unreadable stuff in it, it seems that somewhere sometime i selected NotePad as the download option and cannot get rid of it, dont want to reset win10 but may have to unless you can suggest another way to resolve this.
cheers
Terry

Reaction score
Which browser are you using?
If Edge, select the three dots, top right, and then settings. Select downloads, on the menu, left, and choose your required location.

If you are using another browser, I am sure a forum member can post the method.
But, Wolfie and I are assuming you mean the downloaded item opens with notepad (.?) In this case his instruction should work. Did you also select, after choosing Winrar, to tick the bottom option ( always.....)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Davehc,
I did what you said not sure what to do when i got to the Edge Download page where it showed the downloads which app do you use?
I did what Wolfie said and this what happened see attached.
Regards
Terry
Capture.PNG2.PNG

Reaction score
We should have asked after your first post. I have no idea what app will open a “pkp” file, but the earlier, jpg, will open with MSPaint. Follow Wolfies instruction and in the others, choose MS paint

Reaction score
Hello,
no that did not work either, i am going to delete all downloads and start again using your advise.

Reaction score
Unfortunately no again, the problem is i am not a computer person, just an old guy who flies in P3D flight Simulator, frustrating you guys know what your doing i do not, thanks for your help not sure what to do next.
Cheers
Terry

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i download Aircraft Paint for P3DV4 from UKFLY
just an old guy who flies in P3D flight Simulator
IF the files you have downloaded are suppose to work within your Flight Simulator, then it's possible that they would need to be moved to a container / directory within the Flight Simulator Program.

I would expect there would be some instructions somewhere as to where these files would need to be stored in order for you to use them within the application.

Perhaps the flight Simulator has a forum board that could point you in the right direction.

Reaction score
I have to agree, but i cannot get the file to a format that i can install into P3DV4 see attached, i will try the P3D forum, the only issue i have i have downloaded from Fly UK VA in the past this has only started lately, like i said i have screwed up something but do not know what.
Capture1.PNG

Ask a Question