SOLVED Downloading with Edge

Reaction score
Hello everyone, can anyone tell me where the download button is in MS Edge, I cannot find it in settings or right clicking web address. Every time i do a search i get the same answer, i do not want to know where to put a download, I just want to be able to download. Thank you in advance . Cheers Ken.

Reaction score
Typically, you just browse to the web page hosting the download and look for a link or download button on the web page itself.

Ben

Reaction score
you mean this??

2019-10-21_201138.jpg

Regedit32

Reaction score
As Ben noted, typically websites provide a URL or button to select to download a file, then assuming your Windows Registry is not corrupted you'll be presented with the option to Run | Save or Save As | Cancel

Perhaps though, you are wanting to download videos from sites like YouTube. To do that you'll need to open the Store app, then search for an extension to add to Microsoft Edge that allows you to do this. I'm not really into that kind of downloading, but the last time I looked there were several choices, most of which require you to add your own script to the extension to make this possible.

If that is what you are wanting to do, let us know — I assume someone in this Forum does this, and could walk you through how to set all that up.

Oh, if you were wanting to save a webpage, you can also right-click, on the page then select Save or Save as. Likewise, for images or highlighted text.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks , I already knew what you suggested Grizzly,and I have tried what you suggested Ben with some success, so I shall keep Edge for a while and see how I go. Thank you Moderator for your views. Many Thanks. Ken.

Reaction score
I download sound but not video from YouTube. A free Windows app called 4K Youtube to MP3

Ask a Question