Nothing visible after booting ( after lenovo symbol disappears

Reaction score
I have G40-70 laptop.

First when started my laptop nothing was visible I switched it off forcefully by power button. When restarted I saw that things were there but very dimly visible. Saw I started using with help of mobile flash light throwing on screen. It was not visible until you throw some light on screen. I updated drivers too but nothing changed. I learnt that there was a recent windows update and I assumed probably going back may help. Since my restore was automatically I started restoring which got stuck at restoring registery files. It went on for hours. I again went online for help and found that it happens and one have to force stop it by pressing power button for few seconds.

Now after it shows lenovo symbol it becomes blank. Nothing is there. Now I can't login and reboot into safe mode as I have ssd probably. Any help would be appreciated

Please help. Needed guidance immediately.

Reaction score
Hi,

please confirm the following is your device.

If it is, it came with Windows 8 and may have a recovery partition which means you could restore it to Windows 8 and then run the upgrade to Windows 10. This option means you would lose any saved data (pics/docs etc) on your computer.

Please confirm your device name first.

There is also the option to boot from a Windows 10 USB/DVD and recover your data that way. :)

The manual might prove useful?.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_40_series_hmm.pdf :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Thanks first for taking time to reply.

I think we're talking of same laptop. I feel the second option advised by you is better. To boot from Windows USB drive and then restore as I have two restore points available before resetting windows.

Any other advice while working on this?

Regards and thanks
Avnish

Reaction score
Hi Avnish,

if you have Windows 10 on a USB stick (or DVD), you can also try Advanced Startup Options, read the following link from " If you can't boot Windows 10 ".

If you want/need to create a USB stick, read the following. :)

Ask a Question