Notified That There is a Problem With My Windows Account

Reaction score
I began getting notices that "There's Something Wrong With Your Windows Account" months ago. I used a junk email account to use to sign in to my Microsoft account. The first time I signed in, it merely directed me to the App store so I've been ignoring the notices that show up occasionally on my computer screen. Now I find that Win 11 will be available for download. : My problem, Yahoo deleted my account for lack of use. Will I need to reestablish an account in order to receive the free Win 11 upgrade? If so, how do I do it?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
If this is your MS account then no because as long as you have a licensed windows 10 OS you can upgrade without MS account so it should not matter as no MS account is needed.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
The computer was bought new from Dell with Win 10 installed and no disk. Other computers had some sort of Windows stamp on it that I always assumed was some sort of verification of software authenticity. I don't see anything like that on this computer. Is there some sort of license number on my computer?

I appreciate your patience with my ignorance. There's a whole lot that I don't know about computers even though I've used one for 25 years. I seldom have problems, so I lack some very basic knowledge and experience that one needs to solve them.

Ask a Question