Notify if USB left in.

Reaction score
I keep personal info on a USB and will on occasion leave it in overnight or hours after done using it. :oops: Is there some way that I can be set a timer or in some manner pop up a notification that it is still plugged in -or- not been accessed for 2 hours?
Something like that.... Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Maybe in Power Options set the USB port/s to being turned off by Windows after a period of time?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are probably a number of methods you may be able to use.
Microsoft App Store "To Do" app might work.
Native "Clocks and Alarms" might work.
There's probably some third party offerings that may prove useful, but....

I would think that a simple check of the notification area for the USB indicator would be an easy enough resource to glance at from time to time.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I do that USB item in the Notification Area on all my computers but I'm more in the habit of checking than most people may be. However I have been known a time or three for leaving one in a client's computer when done.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have been known a time or three for leaving one in a client's computer when done.
Been there, done that and own multiple Tshirts, used to be worse on CDs and DVDs.
Ended up having to make a check list because I would sometimes leave off their USB dongle for their wireless keyboard.
A simple check list or a post IT note (OR a Desktop Sticky Note) might be preferable to an annoying hourly notification prompt.

Ask a Question