SOLVED Office SDX

Reaction score
Hi all this is my very first post so sorry if this has been a thread before
Has anyone had this running in the background I think I have solved it ,but unsure as yet it uses so much cpu resource almost 100% most of the time .
I end task in task monitor but of course when you restart the pc there it is again.
I did a repair of Office and so far so good cpu running at 16%

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did a repair of Office and so far so good cpu running at 16%
I'd say that if it seems to be working as expect after the repair and the problem does not reoccur, then leave it alone....
BUT
IF it comes back you might look into renaming sdxhelper.exe

Some quick research on the web seems to show that particular solution as a consensus opinion as to how to deal with it more permanently.

Seems a safe enough option as, if it produces some unexpected problems with your office install, then renaming it back would be a quick fix for that.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble looked for the exe file and it is very much unfindable but so far so good I think the repair did the trick

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble looked for the exe file and it is very much unfindable but so far so good I think the repair did the trick

Hi David, the sdxhelper.exe file can be located at the path below should you need to find it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16

Reaction score
Thanks Atman I will keep your message should it rise its head again after I did the repair it has sorted it out but your input may hel others who are not so lucky

Ask a Question