Old PC crashed and I Cannot reinstall Office 2016 in my new PC

Reaction score
My PC MB Crashed and corrupted the drive also. There is no way to uninstall Office 2016 from this corrupted drive that I know of. When I try to activate Office on my new PC, it says maximum number of devices. I tried the phone activation and got the same message after typing in those 56 digits. I don't know what to do. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Or does anyone possibly have a solution?

The corrupted drive is an SSD. I put it into a USB housing and tried to boot my new PC from it but got about two screens full of errors. After I got the new PC up and going, I connected it again as a USB device and I can access the files on it I just can't boot with it to run the SetupProd_OffScrub program I downloaded from Microsoft.

I wonder if I try to run it with the old drive attached if it would find the Office 2016 installation?

Folks, I'm 76 and the synapses aren't firing like they used to. In other words, I'm getting slow of thought and not so sharp.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Until getting your Microsoft Office reinstalled, I recommend the free LibreOffice, will work with most Office documents except does not have an equivalent for Outlook E-Mail Client. I have it on all my computers and several of my clients' computers as they are older ladies with recipes created in Microsoft Works [discontinued some time ago] which LibreOffice can work with [as well as several other formats]. Also get the Help download and install. www.libreoffice.org

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You should be able to login here
AND
I assume you can deactivate a previous installation or otherwise withdraw the authorization on that device thereby freeing up your license.

I manage all five of my Microsoft Office installation through that interface.

Reaction score
I've installed Office 2010 and 2013 on second computers without issue except explaining the Activation to Microsoft on how many it was already installed on. The EULA mentioned that it could be installed on a workstation [Desktop] and a portable device [Notebook] at the same time in the control of the same person.

Ask a Question