Older device causing BSOD errors occasionally.

Reaction score
I have a belkin N52te that hasn't had a driver update since windows 7. It works like a plug and play keyboard but it had onboard memory to remember key assignments.

I have tested on 5 laptops and 2 desktops and the BSOD happens on all of them.

The error is not consistent and can happen when plugged in or unplugged or it won't happen for weeks.

It's become a literal coin flip every time I plug it in or remove it.

The blue screen reads something like IRQ not less or equal which is when a driver attempts to access memory or something along those lines which makes sense. The device has inboard memory and similar issues have been reported from USB flash drives appearing as hard drives and occasionally causing BSOD.

I can't figure iht how to fix this and updating the drivers isn't possible because they haven't been updated in ages. The only alternative would be to switch to the upgraded version of the product which I tried to do in 2016 and got a razer tartarus which broke within 1 months and razer sent me a new one which broke within a week so I gave it away to a friend and he uses it without the thumb button because it literally broke off. Belkin made the one I have and it's so old the paint has worn off but still functions flawlessly when it's connected.

If i plug the device in before starting the computer it never gets a BSOD. It's only the action of plugging it in or removing it.

Any ideas on how I could keep this from happening? It started about 8 months ago and I've just been dealing with it and will continue to deal with it until the device breaks.. In which case I'll probably ebay another one. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Hi BD,

apart from the obvious driver download, i would try their website and ask for support there, you may get lucky?. :)

The problem is more windows based I believe. Belkin hasn't released a driver for this product in years and the app that they have has a driver / firmware update button right in it which has said the same version and that it's up to date for the last 8 ish years. They sold the product to razer.

Aside from that this seems to be a reported problem with windows and memory devices. I'm 90% sure that WHT is happening is windows detects the USB and then tries to load the on board memory as a hard drive and fails and then crashes. It is probably something with a windows update that conflicts with the drivers which will never be updated.

Ask a Question