OneDrive......

Reaction score
Hi,
I dont know if this is the right place to ask or post, but I have recently got a new laptop and for some reason for the last 2 days OneDrive has started to upload files....... which I havent started..... as its showing them to be 28GB... I want to stop this as its slowing everything down....... but I dont know anything about OneDrive and cant seem to find any options to stop the upload....can anyone help please

I saw this after I posted the above https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-disable-onedrive.18/

I've done this but it has no effect what so ever...... ?????

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can disable it by using Group Policy as shown below:

dis.PNG

Reaction score
hi, thanks for the information above but could you tell me how to get into this as i cant seem to get the group policy editor to open when i search it..... im not very good with windows 10...... should have stuck to 8..lol

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you are using the home version rather than Pro or Enterprise then the Local Group Policy Editor is not available I don't believe.
Right click the Start Button, choose run and type
gpedit.msc
hit enter or click OK
if that doesn't work your might try the same thing only this time type
mmc
hit enter
Use the file menu to add or remove snapin
But basically I don't think it is available in any version downlevel from pro.

Ask a Question