ONLY Home wifi network is NOT visible (windows 10)

Reaction score
I have a problem where my home network does not show up in the available wifi networks in windows 10. The wifi adapter is new and the windows installation is fresh. On the first day the wifi worked fine on our home network although this morning it disappeared from windows. I have tried many solutions online including reinstalling drivers and many restarts.
Restarting the router seems to provide a temporary fix with the home network disappearing again soon after.

The wifi adapter is new so I assume this is some software issue with windows or the drivers.
Note: MANY other wifi networks from the neighbours for example DO show up on the pc, just not my home network. I’m considering buying a long ethernet cable if I cannot find any solution.

Edit: maybe window is hiding it behind the “hidden network” appearing in the network list but I can’t seem to access that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
wifi worked fine on our home network although this morning it disappeared from windows
Restarting the router seems to provide a temporary fix
Assuming that the wireless router is broadcasting its' SSID (can other devices in your home, other than yours see the wireless network?).
My suspicion would fall to the router itself.
Either you are physically on the edge or its' range which could account for the intermittent behavior or ....
There is something not right with the radio itself.

Ask a Question